How to be a classy man
This is a sequel to the earlier post – my essential everyday outfits. I decided to write a version suitable for men in reply to comments from my readers *thanks for the inspiration*. The main thing you should aim for, is a simple yet advanced look, so let us get to it. Though style and fashion for guys keep evolving, here is my top 10 list of everyday outfit essentials for guys – whether old or young
- Trousers / jeans: it is common knowledge that guys love their jeans and chinos as casual wear and other trousers as formal wear.
- Underwear: this include boxers and vest. Guys, please keep this clean and fresh – very important. Pants are also essential to some.
- Shirts: it is crucial to wear a suitable shirt depending on the occasion – short sleeved and long-sleeved t-shirts for leisure; nicely fitted and well ironed long-sleeved collared shirt for the workdays unless you are a programmer. No offense but they mostly rock jeans and t-shirts.
- Belt: this is the holy grail of most formal wear. However keep the color of your belt as to match your shoes or just stick to brown or black ones.
- Wristwatch: Guys love their timepiece and often churn out money to buy the latest and advanced ones. Probably because it is their main accessory.
- Shoes/ Sandals/ Sneakers: This varies from guys to guys but please only closed shoes are formal sometimes sneakers. Don’t forget plain socks for your shoes. You can rock your sandals like Olamide to parties or during those summer days.
- A statement suit/ Blazer: even if you own just a few, make sure they are nice fitting and timeless. The color trends include dark blue, grey, navy and black for formal wears. I have seen dudes in odd color like red,orange, green – not a pleasant sight.
- Tie: you need this boo for your suit to complete your modern formal look. Whichever rocks your boat – bow tie or
- Sweater: for those cold winter days. Also suitable as a top with rolled sleeves in summer, so long it is not super chunky or be ready to sweat it out.
- Native attires: Those tailor-made native wears make a guy look so cute especially the one with the cap styled to the side. Though no bright colors allowed – please, so you don’t become shine like a Christmas light from afar.
Guys, be sure to leave comments. Ladies, what do you think are outfit essentials for your men?